[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.1.0 release preparation

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Jul 9 16:43:49 EDT 2006

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > - gis.m exec statements
> AFAIK done.

No; there is still a lot of "eval exec ..." in gis.m. Also, the
commands are being construced by string concatenation rather than list
concatenation.

> > - NVIZ/Mac issues
> Glynn added improvements for OpenGL under Mac/Windows. Does it solve
> the problems now or a further changes needed?

There are two issues here.

One is that neither version (X11 or native) of NVIZ works on Intel
macs. That appears to be an issue with the OpenGL libraries on that
platform, although some OpenGL programs are reported to work. I don't
know if this is something that can be worked around in NVIZ.

The other is that the native version is still in its early stages. The
first working test was within the last few days, and it's only been
tested on one system so far. Apparently, there are significant
differences between different versions of Aqua Tcl/Tk.