[GRASS-dev] Re: [bug #2962] (grass) v.digit - zooming changes

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Mon Jul 10 03:20:30 EDT 2006

Dnia Mon, 10 Jul 2006 08:55:54 +0200 (CEST)
Hamish via RT <grass-bugs at intevation.de> napisał(a):

> Maciek Sieczka wrote:
>
> > > is this still an issue?
> > > Hamish was working on that.
> >
> > Still a problem. See:
> >
> > $ g.region -p
> > projection: 0 (x,y)
> > zone:       0
> > north:      10000
> > south:      10
> > west:       50
> > east:       5000
> > nsres:      10
> > ewres:      10
> > rows:       999
> > cols:       495
> >
> > $ v.digit map1&
> >
> >   (a single "Zoom out" click)
> >
> > $ g.region -p
> > projection: 0 (x,y)
> > zone:       0
> > north:      12068.929
> > south:      -2058.929
> > west:       -975.145
> > east:       6025.145
> >             ^^^
> >             those should be alligned to multiple 10
> >
> > nsres:      9.99848408
> > ewres:      10.00041429
> >             ^^^
> >             those should be equal 10
> >
> > rows:       1413
> > cols:       700
>

> are you using the latest CVS???

Yes. Here I run g.region -p *during* v.digit session.

> It should restore the starting region on (normal) exit.

And it does. But during the v.digit run resolution still changes as I
zoom in/out. And this shouldn't happen. I want my backdrop raster to be
displayed with a constant resolution, so I can trust what I see.

Restoring initial region is a nice feature though.

> This bug should be kept open as the v.digit code should a) not be
> changing the WIND file (if possible with mixed Tcl + C) and b) use
> "g.region -a" like code when zooming so as not to corrupt background
> raster resampling.

Yes, that's the point.

Maciek