[GRASS-dev] Re: nviz broken on G5 iMac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Jul 17 16:08:10 EDT 2006

On Jul 17, 2006, at 2:44 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> GRASS 6.1.cvs (spearfish60_test):~ > nviz elevation=elevation_dem
> Update elev null mask
> translating colors
> Segmentation fault

That looks like the crash I get on Intel OSX.  But NVIZ ran for me on
PPC (and an iMac G5 at that).

There should be a crashlog for NVIZ that will give you the thread
details.  Compare that to my crash in bug #4768 to make sure it's the
same crash.

Would it be possible for you to try my packages on your iMac (with
your Tcl/Tk Aqua first, then mine if that doesn't work - it'll
probably overwrite yours since it's a default framework install).  If
you built GRASS beta 1, my GRASS installer will overwrite that.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy