[GRASS-dev] New OpenGL options to test for native Mac and Win NVIZ

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Jul 20 03:03:44 EDT 2006

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> I also get an error starting gis.m:
>
> child process exited abnormally
>      while executing
> "exec -- d.font romans >& /dev/null"

> BUT, gis.m (same universal build of GRASS) DOES work on my MacBook.
> I suspect there is a cross-compiler build error here.

Yep. The stroke fonts can't be cross-compiled; the build process
compiles the font tools (splitfont and font_2_bin) then tries to run
them to compile the fonts. Obviously, this won't work if the font
tools were built for a different platform.

What it should probably do is to install the tools, the raw font data,
and a script, so that the process can be completed after everything
has been installed on the target system.

There is a similar issue with the datum shift grids used by PROJ.