[GRASS-dev] New OpenGL options to test for native Mac and Win NVIZ

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Jul 19 21:24:51 EDT 2006

OK. Glad to hear that the issues I reported are reproducible. That's a good
start to figuring out what's what. Thanks for all the work on nviz for  Mac.
I'm waiting to buy a MacBook Pro until these are worked out, because GRASS
is important to my research.

If you haven't checked out the GUI recently, you should do so. I use the
command line for some stuff, but TclTk can be quite nice with an
understanding of how it works. And it looks good in the aqua version for
Mac. I'm guessing that, at least at first, switching to wxPython will do
more 'under the hood' of the GUI than change the overall look/feel a lot.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213