[GRASS-dev] [bug #4882] (grass) pacthing multiple vectors with areas doesn't result in a vector with areas

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Jul 20 09:39:11 EDT 2006

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4882

Subject: pacthing multiple vectors with areas doesn't result in a vector with areas

Platform: Mac OSX
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
GRASS Version: 6.0.0

I got several vectors containing polygons with areas features.

I apply v.patch in order to obtain a single vector file but when I ask GRASS to draw areas I see there are several "hole" in the result vector.

I tried to apply v.clean to the single vectors, but even if I have all my single vectors files with their areas the resulting map still contains some "holes".

Sometimes boundaries disappear after applying v.patch too.