[GRASS-dev] New OpenGL options to test for native Mac and Win NVIZ

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Jul 21 22:57:36 EDT 2006

> -nviz partly works. It will display the map it started with. But
> the file
> browser doesn't work for loading any new maps (error below). Same for
> vectors. The map display keeps spreading over the control panels,
> though
> this can be fixed by resizing a bit. The color selectors don't work
> either.
> Most other controls for rasters seem to work.

Well, I reinstalled my first package, based on CVS 7/1 source, before
the configure options were worked out when I was figuring out the
whole Tcl Aqua thing.  I'm sure this one worked for this problem.  At
the time I started NVIZ with a single elevation raster, then used the
raster and vector browsers to add a land cover raster, and roads and
rivers vectors, successfully.  Now that version has the same twitch
in the browser dialogs, and it's impossible to add additional data.

That leaves the system...  No updates since then, except rebuilding
Tcl/Tk Aqua once.  The Togl programmers mentioned a bug in Tk 8.1.12
and .13 that affects a certain case in Togl, but I never touched
that, before or after everything worked.  I'll have to check the
other Mac I originally tested it on (I think I haven't touched it
since it worked).  Possibly try an earlier version of Tcl/Tk.

Maybe there's gremlins in the works ^_^

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect