[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.1.0 branch status

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Jul 22 07:25:33 EDT 2006

On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 12:37:53PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Next week we should get out 6.1.0beta2 or maybe RC1.

We still have the following open issues:

Showstoppers:
* NVIZ volume broken (IMHO showstopper, since this worked already)
   https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4725
* wording of start up GUI text (showstopper)

Not showstoppers:
* NVIZ: show vector map on startup (Bob? Your patch doesn't work for me)
* debian/ directory outdated (who cares)
* i.vpoints status?
* v.in.gpsbabel - db.login error (who cares?)
   http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-dev/2006-July/024188.html
* test latest gis.m fixes
* G_make_aspect*_colors() broken
   http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-dev/2006-July/024228.html
* sqlite driver memory consumption
   http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-dev/2006-July/024232.html
* v.digit: $mapname in the title bar
   http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4796

Further discussion (old business):
* The x11-less GRASS can be developed in HEAD, we should
  not wait for that. We can have 6.1.1 if desired in near
  future. The same applies to the georectifier.
* NVIZ/Mac issues we can port from HEAD once they get fixed.
* snprintf(): now G_snprintf()
* An announcement is drafted at
  http://grass.itc.it/announces/announce_grass610.html

Markus