[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.1.0 branch status

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Sat Jul 22 11:23:55 EDT 2006

Markus,

On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 13:25 +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 12:37:53PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Next week we should get out 6.1.0beta2 or maybe RC1.
>
> We still have the following open issues:
>
> Showstoppers:
> * NVIZ volume broken (IMHO showstopper, since this worked already)
>    https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4725
> * wording of start up GUI text (showstopper)
>
> Not showstoppers:
> * NVIZ: show vector map on startup (Bob? Your patch doesn't work for me)

The two potential problems with the patch are the vertical exaggeration,
and the initial line color. If the vertical exaggeration is too high the
vector may be out out view. If you lower the vertical exaggeration does
the vector come into view? If the initial line color (set in map_obj.c)
is white and the background is white the vector will be invisible. Try
changing the color of the vector after start-up to see if the vector
appears.

In the meantime I will keep looking into this.

> * debian/ directory outdated (who cares)
> * i.vpoints status?
> * v.in.gpsbabel - db.login error (who cares?)
>    http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-dev/2006-July/024188.html
> * test latest gis.m fixes
> * G_make_aspect*_colors() broken
>    http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-dev/2006-July/024228.html
> * sqlite driver memory consumption
>    http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-dev/2006-July/024232.html
> * v.digit: $mapname in the title bar
>    http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4796
>
> Further discussion (old business):
> * The x11-less GRASS can be developed in HEAD, we should
>   not wait for that. We can have 6.1.1 if desired in near
>   future. The same applies to the georectifier.
> * NVIZ/Mac issues we can port from HEAD once they get fixed.
> * snprintf(): now G_snprintf()
> * An announcement is drafted at
>   http://grass.itc.it/announces/announce_grass610.html
>

> Markus