[GRASS-dev] New OpenGL options to test for native Mac and Win NVIZ

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Jul 22 12:13:03 EDT 2006

On Jul 22, 2006, at 1:23 AM, Hamish wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> I also fixed the PROJ datum grid files to do the same, in my GIS Libs
>> package.  The GRASS etc/nad is then symlinked to the PROJ data folder
>> to simplify installation and maintenance of the datum files. (I hope
>> this works and doesn't cause problems)
>

> IIRC, the New Zealand GD49 grid is distributed with GRASS but not with
> GDAL.
>
> the NZ grid is not built from ascii, GRASS provides a binary
> version; if
> that makes any difference.

The nzgd2kgrid0005.gsb and ntv1_can.dat files are included in proj-
datumgrid-1.3 for PROJ (not GDAL).  Tho you need to install the NZ
grid manually with PROJ 4.4.9 (fixed in the 4.5.0 beta).

And yes, they start out binary.  I wonder if there is an endian
problem in these files.  I haven't heard complaints from Mac OS X
users.  If they are little endian, there shouldn't be a problem on
Intel Macs, but PPC Macs (or PPC or other big-end linux systems)
could have problems.  I wonder if these tables have csv/text sources
like the US NAD tables?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect