[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.1.0 branch status

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jul 23 14:13:52 EDT 2006

On Jul 23, 2006, at 12:37 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> A big showstopper is also NVIZ being broken on Macs. Until William
> Kyngesburye's report of today, the cvs version was broken on all
> Macs under
> all TclTk versions.
>
> I don't know what changed, but William reports that it is now
> working under
> x11 on all Macs. So this is a huge improvement. I'll try to confirm
> this
> next week.

I hope you and others can confirm it's working...

> If he can get it working under aqua, we'll be set.

Well, that's starting to get into major C programming and NVIZ/OpenGL
stuff.  A bit beyond me.  I'll probably have to add a bug report for
it so someone else can start looking into it.

And it seems to have mutated into two problems: crashing on Intel,
and the 'twitch' in the NVIZ file browsers on both PPC and Intel.  I
need to check the PPC Mac at work where it worked once to see if
there is a simple solution to the 'twitch' in the NVIZ browsers.

>>> Further discussion (old business):
>>> * The x11-less GRASS can be developed in HEAD, we should
>>>   not wait for that. We can have 6.1.1 if desired in near
>>>   future. The same applies to the georectifier.
>>> * NVIZ/Mac issues we can port from HEAD once they get fixed.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy