[GRASS-dev] [bug #4519] (grass) errors in Grass 55 build

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sun Jul 23 14:37:09 EDT 2006

Hamish wrote:

> cd src/sites/s.in.ascii
> gmake5
>
> and see the error.
>

> (gmake5 may be gmake55 or something, using "new" or "old" build system?)
>
> ?

So I have Ubuntu Dapper installed on my machine, and reproduced the problem. I
tried following Hamish'es tip, but it won't work. See:

$ cd src/imagery/i.cca

Now, whatever gmake* I try (gmake5, gmake, gmake55, gmake54) I'm getting
"bash: gmake5: command not found".

When I try make, it says "make: *** No targets specified and no makefile
found.  Stop."

Sorry, I'm a complete dummy here. How do I proceed?

Maciek