[GRASS-dev] maybe bugs

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Jul 27 07:39:55 EDT 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 13:05, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
[...]
> > 1)
> > gis.m monitor freezes sometimes when loading new raster - "please wait
> > ..." remains and a raster is displayed only when I close gis.m and
> > restart it - I can't tell when this happens but once/twice in each
>>session.
>
> Could you provide a reproducable test case based on spearfish?

well, it happens now and then; I have the impression that large files causes
the error, but not every time - sorry. I'll try to investigate further.

> > 2)
> > g.region still does not work as I know it e.g.
> > zoom to full extend
> > 'g.region save=africa'
> > zoom in
> > select in monitor 'zoom to...saved region'
> > the displayed region is somewhere but definitely not region=africa
>
> g.region has been working perfectly fine for me from CLI, I have tested
> that just again. It's got to be something about gis.m region handling -
> either you are missing something, or there is a bug in gis.m. Please
> provide a reproducible test case for spearfish.
>
> > -> same behaviour in CLI and gis.m
>
> 'g.region save=window; d.zoom; g.region=window' from CLI seems all OK
> for me. Can you provide a scenario where it fails in CLI for you?

well, perhaps I missed a part but doing the steps:

g.region save=africa
d.zoom
g.region africa
I get a small subset somewhere in the middle of Africa
(what is as well the region I get with r.patch see below->)

> > 3)
> > zoom out in monitor makes the display window smaller and smaller - this
> > bug has been reported before and I thought it would have been fixed
>
> I don't understand. Can you elaborate?

try:

zoom into map
zoom out: very elongated rectangle
map becomes smaller but is squeezed to one border (depending of the
orientation of the elongated rectangle)

> > 4)
> > r.patch does not patch two raster but parts of the first raster with
> > adjacent parts of the second one - can somebody report the same
> > behaviour?
>
> Please provide a test case explaining what's wrong and what's expected.
> Or maybe you forgot that r.patch is region sensitive?

well, I think as long as I haven't solved the g.region problem r.patch might
as well be restricted to the region settings.

hmm, I restarted the whole GRASS session and now it (g.region, r.patch only)
works, something must have looked the g.region settings. I try to reproduce
this behaviour, but I have no idea what causes g.region to unconsider the new
g.region settings. I'll mail if I found out.

regards, Martin