[GRASS-dev] maybe bugs

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Thu Jul 27 08:29:10 EDT 2006

Martin Wegmann napisa?(a):

> well, perhaps I missed a part but doing the steps:
>
> g.region save=africa
> d.zoom
> g.region africa
> I get a small subset somewhere in the middle of Africa
> (what is as well the region I get with r.patch see below->)

Maybe this explains: gis.m doesn't read nor write to the WIND file,
while d.zoom/g.region do. What you change with d.zoom/g.region will not
affect gis.m display (unless you press 'Zoom to current region' from
gis.m menu) and vice versa: if you zoom/pan in the gis.m canvas it will
not affect WIND file, ie. current region settings. Check with g.region
-p for yourself.

>>> 3)
>>> zoom out in monitor makes the display window smaller and smaller - this
>>> bug has been reported before and I thought it would have been fixed
>> I don't understand. Can you elaborate?
>
> try:
>
> zoom into map
> zoom out: very elongated rectangle
> map becomes smaller but is squeezed to one border (depending of the
> orientation of the elongated rectangle)

gis.m or d.m (d.zoom)?

If d.m, it behaves exactly the same as d.zoom and there's nothing there
could be done about it.

In of gis.m you have drawing modes:
Constrain map to region geometry
Map filles display window

The first mode behaves pretty much like d.zoom (only it doesn't modify
WIND file), the latter is maybe what you are looking for.

Does that explain?

>>> 4)
>>> r.patch does not patch two raster but parts of the first raster with
>>> adjacent parts of the second one - can somebody report the same
>>> behaviour?
>> Please provide a test case explaining what's wrong and what's expected.
>> Or maybe you forgot that r.patch is region sensitive?
>
> well, I think as long as I haven't solved the g.region problem r.patch might
> as well be restricted to the region settings.
>

> hmm, I restarted the whole GRASS session and now it (g.region, r.patch only)
> works, something must have looked the g.region settings. I try to reproduce
> this behaviour, but I have no idea what causes g.region to unconsider the new
> g.region settings. I'll mail if I found out.

I suppose this is all your missundersting of region handling in gis.m.

Best,
Maciek