[GRASS-dev] Discussing new GUI toolkit: v.pydigit

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 01:04:35 EDT 2006

> > for raster option use r.in.poly or "v.in.*/v.edit" + v.to.rast?
>
> He? Do you mean, that v.pydigit could be used as r.digit?

sure, why not?

see the r.in.poly help page. The format is almost the same as v.in.ascii
format=standard. v.digit and r.digit may as well be put in the same app.

> > Same as gis.m? Use the PNG driver to make a PNG (smaller file) or
> > PPM (faster) image. Zoom/pan by setting "soft" region changes with
> > GRASS_REGION= enviro variable?? (then GUI must keep track)
>
> Currently: GRASS region settings are not touched.

The whole point of $GRASS_REGION and $WIND_OVERRIDE is that you don't
need to touch the region settings. The changes only exist in the current
processes and don't persist.

> The script reads them (g.region -g) and stores to self.region dictionary
> (Vpydigit/vdigitGui.py). Everytime, it is zoomed/paned, this variable
> is changed.
>
> I wanted to do it possible independent on the Xdriver - didn't we want
> to get rid of it?

the PNG[/PPM] driver is not dependant on the XDRIVER.

Hamish