[GRASS-dev] Discussing new GUI toolkit: v.pydigit

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Thu Jun 1 13:02:34 EDT 2006

Hallo,

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 05:04:35PM +1200, Hamish wrote:
> > > for raster option use r.in.poly or "v.in.*/v.edit" + v.to.rast?
> >
> > He? Do you mean, that v.pydigit could be used as r.digit?
>
> sure, why not?
>
> see the r.in.poly help page. The format is almost the same as v.in.ascii
> format=standard. v.digit and r.digit may as well be put in the same app.

All right, I'll have to look.

> > The script reads them (g.region -g) and stores to self.region dictionary
> > (Vpydigit/vdigitGui.py). Everytime, it is zoomed/paned, this variable
> > is changed.
> >
> > I wanted to do it possible independent on the Xdriver - didn't we want
> > to get rid of it?
>
> the PNG[/PPM] driver is not dependant on the XDRIVER.
>
> Hamish

Hamish, and others, I went through the drivers manual page, but I found
nothing about how to acess png/ppm file without need to store it to the
disk. Could you point me the the right place (source/manual/example),
where I could get it?

I have support for rasters (from temporary file) now. It's working
nicely (via --bgcmd="d.rast ...; d.vect ...")

Thank you

Jachym
--
Jachym Cepicky