[GRASS-dev] NVIZ problem on Intel Macs

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jun 1 09:55:01 EDT 2006

Interesting - NVIZ on my MacBook got farther this time:

Update elev null mask
building color table
Adding panels from /usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs/etc/nviz2.2/scripts
Nv_(panels)
Build toplevel window
toplevel made

Even after turning debug back off, I got the same progress as on the
PowerBook.  Must have been the dataset I was using on the MacBook the
first time (I used the same Spearfish demo this time).

On Jun 1, 2006, at 12:26 AM, Hamish wrote:

> On Wed, 31 May 2006 20:04:43 -0500
> William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>

>> I tried my build of GRASS CVS 5-27 (built on Intel).  NVIZ starts for
>> me - I get the NVIZ Options/Output screen.  But when I select a
>> raster and try to Run it, then it crashes, with nothing in the output
>> window except the raster and the X icon to remove it, like so
>> (sometimes the Please Wait window briefly appears):
>

> NVIZ debug tip:
>
> at the start of nviz2.2_script, change the DEBUG setting to:
>
> set DEBUG 1
>
> You'll get more "mile-posts" that way.
>

> Hamish

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do
if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer,
I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy