[GRASS-dev] Discussing new GUI toolkit: v.pydigit

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jun 2 13:36:48 EDT 2006

Right click on a Mac SHOULD open a contextual menu. So this is correct
behavior on all platforms.

I'm working on a georectifier for 6.2, but have been following this
disucssion and think it's great. Take a look in the mapcanvas.tcl code to
see how we are doing the display using the png driver. Currently it must
write to disk, and we are using temp files (g.tmpfile) to do this. I know
that Glynn has started reworking the output drivers but don't know if there
will be a way to bypass the disk and send some kind of generic graphic
output directly to a GUI. Currently, I think that TclTk must pull it off
disk anyway. But this may not be the case with wxWidgets/GTK/QT

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671