[GRASS-dev] grass6.2?

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jun 9 13:02:01 EDT 2006

Agreed.

When is Markus back?

We're *so* close to getting an x11-less GRASS, it would be nice to do this
for 6.2. This offers possibilities to run GRASS natively on Windows, as well
as making it more consistently useable overall. To accomplish that, here is
what remains to be done.

georectifier: C script for RMS error, updates to v.transform so that it can
read or ignore a 5th column (use gcp) in a points file, creation of v.group
(if everyone thinks this is a good idea). The last two are for consistency,
but not required for functionality. I have everything running as is now
except for RMS.

nviz: Glynn has already noted what probably needs to be done. It sounds
minimal from the perspective of someone who doesn't know C.

v.digit: I don't think this will get done. Jachym's efforts have been
directed towards pyGTK. This is nice for the future, but doesn't help for
6.2. Unless someone jumps into the breach soon, we should just accept that
you will need x11 (or QGIS) for digitizing for now.

d.path and wildfire modeliing: I wouldn't worry about for 6.2

I'm not sure what else needs to be done for the rest of the program. It
seems like we are ready for a feature freeze otherwise.

Michael

Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671