[GRASS-dev] making py.monitor listen to external commands

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Wed Jun 14 14:52:56 EDT 2006

Hallo,

bugfix version of py.monitor scripts. Some people tested the scripts and
they found it nice. What about you, developers?

Current version avaliable on
http://les-ejk.cz/programs/grass/py.monitor-06-06-14-4.tgz

tar xzf py.monitor-06-06-14-4.tgz
cd py.monitor
py.mon start=py0
py.rast soils -o
py.vect roads
py.erase

Everything, what should work (all toolbar buttons, etc.) works. Zoom/Unzoom
avaliable via mouse wheel. Mapcontent manageable via py.* commands (this
should move to d.* commands in the future) from commandline and via any
other interface via LOCATION/MAPSET/.pyX file.

Starting with the morning, I will not have much time and I will not be
so close to internet for a week, so I will not spam your mailboxes
for a while.

It would be good just to send me some note, e.g., that you tryed, but it did
not work. It is not so easy to develop GUI without any  feedback.

Looking forward

Jachym