[GRASS-dev] making py.monitor listen to external commands

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Thu Jun 15 04:16:14 EDT 2006

OK, I don't know much about Python, but this is what I get
when I do: ./py.mon start=py0

   File "mon.py", line 15, in ?
     import wx
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-ansi/wx/__init__.py", line
42, in ?
     from wx._core import *
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-ansi/wx/_core.py",
line 4, in ?
     import _core_
ImportError:
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-ansi/wx/_core_.so: symbol
_ZTV17wxMemoryFSHandler, version WX_2.6 not defined in file
libwx_gtk2_core-2.6.so.0 with link time reference

... so one more dependency to worry about in the future?

Or is this something that can easily be taken care of with a
modified configure script?

Best,

Benjamin

Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> bugfix version of py.monitor scripts. Some people tested the scripts and
> they found it nice. What about you, developers?
>
> Current version avaliable on
> http://les-ejk.cz/programs/grass/py.monitor-06-06-14-4.tgz
>
> tar xzf py.monitor-06-06-14-4.tgz
> cd py.monitor
> py.mon start=py0
> py.rast soils -o
> py.vect roads
> py.erase
>
> Everything, what should work (all toolbar buttons, etc.) works. Zoom/Unzoom
> avaliable via mouse wheel. Mapcontent manageable via py.* commands (this
> should move to d.* commands in the future) from commandline and via any
> other interface via LOCATION/MAPSET/.pyX file.
>
> Starting with the morning, I will not have much time and I will not be
> so close to internet for a week, so I will not spam your mailboxes
> for a while.
>
> It would be good just to send me some note, e.g., that you tryed, but it did
> not work. It is not so easy to develop GUI without any  feedback.
>
> Looking forward
>
> Jachym
>
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 11:34:09AM +0200, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
>
>>Hallo,
>>
>>after long discussion with Michael and a bit coding, I would like to
>>present new new concept of GRASS monitors.
>>
>>I prepared set of py.* commands, which IMHO *should* became parts of d.*
>>commands. This is just a workaround this.
>>
>>General concept is, each monitor has it's own LOCATION/MAPSET/.pyX file,
>>in which the d.* files are stored. This file is checked from the GUI and
>>if there is some change, it's content serves for creating the map.
>>
>>Advantage of this approach is, that this file can be modified from any
>>GUI/CLI. Target is, to have py.mons *independent* on any UI, however
>>managable from *any* of them.
>>
>>Screenshot can be found on [1], set of new tools can be found on [2].
>>
>>Example session (in xterm) can look like follows:
>>
>>py.mon start=x0
>>py.mon start=py0
>>py.rast soils
>>py.vect roads
>>py.ctrl -l
>>py.ctrl remove=vect
>>py.rast fields -o
>>py.vect fields fcol=yellow
>>py.ctrl -l
>>
>>(see screenshot [1] for details and possible outputs).
>>
>>py.rast and py.vect commands can be used just like the old d.* commands
>>
>>for installation just untar [2] and cd new py.monitor directory
>>
>>[1] http://les-ejk.cz/tmp/py.mon.png
>>[2] http://les-ejk.cz/programs/grass/py.monitor.tgz
>>
>>Please test and discusse.
>>
>>Jachym
>>--
>>Jachym Cepicky
>>e-mail: jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
>>Tel.:   +49 511-39088507

Benjamin Ducke, M.A.
Archäoinformatik
(Archaeoinformation Science)
Institut für Ur- und Frühgeschichte
(Inst. of Prehistoric and Historic Archaeology)
Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
Johanna-Mestorf-Straße 2-6
D 24098 Kiel
Germany