[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] [bug #3087] (grass) high cpu usage on mouse ops

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Fri Jun 23 17:03:42 EDT 2006

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 22:39:19 +0200
Maciek Sieczka <werchowyna at epf.pl> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:08:55 +1200
> Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Maciek via RT wrote:
> >
> > > This bug's URL:
> > > http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3087
> > >
> > > The bug seems to be fixed for me. Anybody minds closing it?
> >

> > The bug still exists in v.digit only, e.g. when you open the
> > "settings" form.
>
> Just tried it on 6.1 CVS 2006-06-19, Ubuntu Breezy, tcl/tk 8.4 - *no*
> freeze or high CPU usage after entering "Settings" form. Can you
> confirm please?

Oopsy. Just got v.digit freezed!

1. v.digit -n dig
2. setup datatable columns connection (1 integer column titled wys)
3. fiddled with display settings a bit
4. digitized 3 or 4 lines, a boundary, entered attributes for each
5. deleted most objects leaving just 1
6. added few lines more again
7. wanted to "Move vertex", but the v.digit freezed - I couldn't even
   "Save and wxit" or close the window, had to kill -9 it

Can't reproduce it at will.

The CPU usage was normal all the time.

No panning or zooming was performed, so
http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2962
is not an issue here.

But, plenty of

D0/0: Name = cat
D0/0: Name = wys
D0/0: Name = _grass_internal_database_encoding
D0/0: Name = _grass_internal_database_encoding
Could not set Tcl system encoding to

were printed to terminal, so maybe
http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4110?

Maybe that was the reason for the freeze?

Maciek

CIEP?E KRAJE - CIEP?E MORZA. Szukasz atrakcyjnego wypoczynku w przyst?pnej cenie, zapoznaj si? z nasz? ofert?.
ZAPRASZAMY

www.skarpatravel.pl