[GRASS-dev] i.points, i.vpoints now use G_parser()

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Jun 25 06:19:47 EDT 2006

Michael Barton wrote:

> Thanks much. A couple of questions.
>
> What information does it return and in what format?

Number of active points: %d
Forward:
x[%d] = %.2f
y[%d] = %.2f
g[%d] = %.2f
RMS = %.2f
Reverse:
x[%d] = %.2f
y[%d] = %.2f
g[%d] = %.2f
RMS = %.2f

The "x[%d] = %.2f" etc indicates the index of the point with the
greatest x/y/diagonal error and the corresponding error value.

I can change the format or add certain additional information (e.g.
the error for every point) easily enough.

> Also, will it work with any POINTS file in a $GISBASE/group/[mapname]/
> directory?

I think so.

> Finally, does it require the presence of a REF file too--or just needs a
> POINTS file? I'm asking this so that I can have it working with vectors too.

I don't think so.

Actually, modifying it read a specific file is straightforward; I just
need to either take the code from v.transform and modify it to read
into a Control_Points structure, or modify I_read_control_points() to
allow 4-column data (if the data will always have 5 columns, I can
just use I_read_control_points() directly).