[GRASS-dev] i.points, i.vpoints now use G_parser()

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 00:18:13 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am glad to see this is coming along so well. I am still fixing some
outstanding bugs in i.vpoints; I hope that is not seen as a dilution of
effort -- just bug fixes.

[g.transform]
> > What information does it return and in what format?
>
> Number of active points: %d
> Forward:
> x[%d] = %.2f
> y[%d] = %.2f
> g[%d] = %.2f
> RMS = %.2f

%.2f isn't very useful if you are registering a scan of a lat/lon map
(eg nautical chart). This has always been a pain in i.[v]points, you
only judge to include/exclude a point based on what lines are colored
red.

maybe a check?
  if(G_projection() == PROJECTION_LL)
     %.5f

or G_trim_decimal() ??

> 2. It contains yet another copy of the CRS code.

:-/

Hamish