[GRASS-dev] [bug #4742] (grass) i.fusion.brovey, i.in.spotvgt, v.rast.stats: don't use g.region

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Jun 26 15:40:08 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 09:17:21PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 08:59:40PM +0200, Request Tracker wrote:
> > this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4742
> >
> > Subject: i.fusion.brovey, i.in.spotvgt, v.rast.stats: don't use g.region
> >
> > Glynn wrote on the grass-dev:
> >
> > > scripts shouldn't modify the WIND file unless persistently changing the
> > > current region is the script's intended function.
> >
> > > use either WIND_OVERRIDE or GRASS_REGION (the latter is cleaner, but
> > > the former is probably easier).
> >

> Hi Maciek,
>
> I answer since I am the author of all scripts:

I answer again since I found my last answer confusing :-)

i.in.spotvgt: it is an import script. The GRASS import commands are
 expected to import a full map at original resolution. The internal
 bit shuffling must therefore be done at the original map region
 and resolution. The script saves the current user region and restores
 it back.

i.fusion.brovey: Please look at the algorithm, it makes no sense to
 to operate at user (random) resolution. But i.fusion.brovey saves the
 region and restores it back as well.
 Discussion: only fetch raster map resolution, but operate in user
 region - feel free to implement this.

v.rast.stats: uses resolution of queried raster map (I don't think
 that it makes too much sense to work at arbitray resolutions) but
 respects the user defined coordinates. The script saves the current
 region and restores it back.

Maybe you want to transfer the resolution management from v.rast.stats
to i.fusion.brovey. But I don't see much other changes to be useful.

Markus