[GRASS-dev] [bug #4742] (grass) i.fusion.brovey, i.in.spotvgt, v.rast.stats: don't use g.region

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Jun 26 15:17:21 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 08:59:40PM +0200, Request Tracker wrote:
> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4742
>
> Subject: i.fusion.brovey, i.in.spotvgt, v.rast.stats: don't use g.region
>
> Glynn wrote on the grass-dev:
>
> > scripts shouldn't modify the WIND file unless persistently changing the
> > current region is the script's intended function.
>
> > use either WIND_OVERRIDE or GRASS_REGION (the latter is cleaner, but
> > the former is probably easier).

Hi Maciek,

I answer since I am the author of all scripts:

Please look at the algorithm of i.fusion.brovey: it makes no sense
to operate at current resolution. But i.fusion.brovey saves the
region and restores it back.

v.rast.stats: same story.

Same thing with i.in.spotvgt: to perform the algorithm, we have
at least to set to the resolution of the imported map. Again,
also i.in.spotvgt saves and restores the current user region.
Since it is an import command, it should behave differently. GRASS
import commands are expected to import a full map.

We could discuss that the scripts internally only modify the resolution
but would keep the boundary coordinates. Not sure if it is then the
desried behaviour but feel free to implement that. But i.in.spotvgt
should be kept as implemented.

Markus