[GRASS5] GRASS 3D features query (2nd try)

marcos boullón magán marcosboullon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 04:58:23 EST 2006

2006/2/28, Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it>:
> Hi Marcos,
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 11:17:47AM +0100, marcos boullón magán wrote:
> > Hello users/developers,
> >
> > I'd like to query for the current status of the 3D
> > characteristics/features/capabilities/objects implementation... Are
> > they finally usable? All the documentation I found is
[...]
> > but I prefer confirmation that this is not a problem linked to
> > outdated documentation.
>
> Would you mind to tell us where you found it so that we can
> update? In fact it's not too outdated, but could be written
> a bit better.

No problem. In the CVS contents on March 1st, I can find it in file
grass6/lib/vector/html/index.html, section "Vector library Topology
management", subsection "topo file format". Starting with "[detailed
docs missing]", the full information on 3D is one sentence long:

"Face and kernel are 3D equivalents of boundary and centroid, but
there is no support (yet) for 3D topology (volumes). The only current
use of face is possibility to display vertical planes in NVIZ."

Marcos

--
-- marcos boullón magán