[GRASS5] gis.m

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Wed Mar 1 10:09:31 EST 2006

On Feb 27, 2006, at 6:19 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> The new gism does not use d.what.vect, but the new v.what. I'm not
> sure if
> it will show information in different layers or not. But that is
> something
> that should be fixable.

I am looking at the v.what and it may be just me, but I don't see
that it is a replacement for d.what.vect in that d.what.vect -e
allows the user to interactively click on a polygon and have a form
open with that polygon's attributes visible in an editable form. If
an attribute has not not been assigned yet (as in the case of a new
attribute column), d.what.vect -e can be used to "fill in"
attributes. I'm just not seeing this kind of interactive control in
v.what. Am I missing something here?

> BTW, I've now fixed the show columns and show data buttons in the
> vector,
> chart, and thematic panels so that they respect current database
> connections
> and layer settings. So you you can see the columns and data
> associated with
> your vector file.

Also the "show attribute data" button does not seem to be working for
me. While the "show attibue colmns" butotn returns the output of
v.info -c map=t61v1_working layer=1to the output window:

INTEGER|cat
INTEGER|id
CHARACTER|type
CHARACTER|class

The "show attribute data" button returns:
GRASS 6.1.cvs (minnesota_utm):~ > table=t61v1_working
database=host=localhost,dbname=ts2325 driver=pg
2

It seems that the problem is the 2 at the end of the return. I get
the expected output if I send the first part of the command from the
command line:
GRASS 6.1.cvs (minnesota_utm):~ > db.select table=t61v1_working
database=host=localhost,dbname=ts2325 driver=pg

Michael, this may be due to the fact that I am using pg for attibute
management. Just thought you should know

Kirk