[GRASS5] JGrass 2.0 released

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Sun Mar 5 11:29:05 EST 2006

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 11:53:36 +0100
Andrea Antonello <andrea.antonello at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for crossposting.
>
> 05. March 2006
>
> JGrass Development Team
>
> JGrass 2.0 Release Candidate 1 - Free Java Geographic Information
> System Today the JGrass Development team released the release
> candidate 1 for JGrass 2.0 - "Trento".

<snip>

> - enhanced native GRASS command execution
>      - r.proj
>      - r.dem2contour
>      - v.contour2dem

Is there any documentation about v.contour2dem? What interpolation
method does it use? Is it able to produce a hydrologically sound DEM?
(If not, does JGrass provide functionality for such purpose at all?)
What is the max input data limit v.contour2dem is able to process given
1 GB RAM and 1 GB swap? I mean, how much data is it able to process
without utilising all the memory, so the system remains fairly
responsive?

I searched JGrass jar package for v.contour2dem string but I couldn't
find any such info there. Neither in the JGrass documentation available
from Hydrologis site.

Thanks for any info in advance!

Best,
Maciek