[GRASS5] RE: [bug #4140] (grass) Nviz doesn't start either from GUI or CLI

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Mon Mar 6 13:06:45 EST 2006

Maciek,

Perhaps there's another clue here; when I run nviz from CLI, I get:

GRASS 6.1.cvs (Cheticamp):~ > nviz elevation=Cheticamp98.5.ave.fill
Update elev null mask
translating colors from fp
*Segmentation fault*
(my emphasis)

Same error occurs with different rasters.

Hmmm....g.region -p gives:

GRASS 6.1.cvs (Cheticamp):~ > g.region -p
projection: 1 (UTM)
zone:       20
datum:      ** unknown (default: WGS84) **
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      5176119.54768
south:      5166572.33329
west:       628593.997416