[GRASS5] [bug #4142] (grass) sql statemts in d.m

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Mar 7 10:40:34 EST 2006

Kirk R. Wythers wrote:
> Hi Moritz,
>
> On Mar 7, 2006, at 8:36 AM, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>

>> This should be type='JAPI' and type='SP'.
>

> My understanding from examples in the docs
> (http://grass.itc.it/grass61/manuals/html61_user/sql.html) is that the
> use of double quotes to allow more than one query run in a single
> statment. Am I wrong on this?
>
> Text-string matching requires the text part to be 'single quoted' and
> multiple queries should be contained in "double quotes". e.g.
> d.vect map where="individual='juvenile' and area='beach'"

The quoting issue is a different one from the fact that [type='JAPI' and
'SP'] is invalid as you have to repeat the field/column name.

As was already hinted at by others, the quoting rules in the
documentation target the command line. Quoting is handled differently in
the GUI interface.

So in the command line, you would have to type:

where="type='JAPI' and type='SP'"

but in the GUI you put

type='JAPI' and type='SP'

into the "where" text field.

>> As far as I know, type='JAPI' and 'SP' is not standard SQL.
>>
>> Moritz

Mortiz