[GRASS5] [bug #4142] (grass) sql statemts in d.m

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Tue Mar 7 10:05:35 EST 2006

Hi Moritz,

On Mar 7, 2006, at 8:36 AM, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> This should be type='JAPI' and type='SP'.

My understanding from examples in the docs (http://grass.itc.it/
grass61/manuals/html61_user/sql.html) is that the use of double
quotes to allow more than one query run in a single statment. Am I
wrong on this?

Text-string matching requires the text part to be 'single quoted' and
multiple queries should be contained in "double quotes". e.g.
d.vect map where="individual='juvenile' and area='beach'"