[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:10870] New GIS Manager adds transparency to layers

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Mar 11 11:44:23 EST 2006

Something similar has just been reported on some lab computers running GRASS
under Cygwin. Maybe it's a different issue, though because it only happened
with a version of init.sh that automatically runs gism2. It seems to run OK
if launched manually.

Your GRASS in a non-standard location might be an issue. I'm not sure where
the working directory error comes from. Is it a TclTk error (buttons run,
cancel, details) or another kind of error (xwindows, bash, etc..)?

The GIS Manager display works by creating PPM files in a temp directory
within your working GRASS mapset--set by g.tempfile. If you don't have
access to such a .tmp directory, you will have problems.

Let me know if any of these gives you a clue to what is wrong.

Michael

Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287

WWW - http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton