[GRASS5] GUI code cleanup patch

Cedric Shock cedricgrass at shockfamily.net
Mon Mar 13 04:38:12 EST 2006

Glynn,

On Sunday 12 March 2006 22:18, Glynn Clements wrote:
> That seems reasonable, except that I would suggest leaving the
> label/desc entries untouched, and either moving the choice to the
> point where the value is actually used, or creating a separate entry
> in opts() and copying the label/desc entry to that instead.

I agree completely. This patch accomplishes nothing, really, except to
separate the changes needed to set up for having a better gui.tcl from the
new one when it comes. As such I was trying to keep the list of changes to a
minimum. The changes included here are just enough to clean up the calling
convention and add the guisection attribute which my plans for gui.tcl hinge
on. Anyway, I just copied the program logic straight across between languages
to have a nice clear and understandable commit.

I am working quite a bit on gui.tcl, which has a rather low cost of modifying.
Right now I've got notification in the output screen with icons when the
program starts and finishes running and display and update of the command to
be run while the options are edited. I'm playing with balloon help, separate
tabs for options and output, contemplating a help tab to go along with them,
and am somewhere in the midst of writing my first experimental layout rule.

--Cedric Shock