[GRASS5] GRASS Add-ons

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Mar 13 08:14:20 EST 2006

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 01:09:42PM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
> Helena,
>
> IMHO, the best solution to this is Benjamin Ducke's new GRASS Extensions
> Manager (GEM). This is nearing final release.

Would it make sense to develop the GRASS Extensions Manager in
GRASS CVS?

> On 3/11/06 10:49 PM, "Helena Mitasova" <hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:
>
> > I have a question about Add-ons - Do we have any restrictions /
> > official rules for what can go into GRASS add ons?
> >
> > http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/GrassAddOns

I think that this is open to all GRASS contributors.
The program/script should be non-distructive, well tested, documented
and of some interest to the public.

> > I noticed that quite a few useful modules are being developed (such
> > as the below r.lake)
> > and it would be great to have them submitted into add-ons so that
> > people can see what
> > is available, test it and if it is great and important it could be
> > included into next release.
> > Also - do we have any rules on when an add-on module can be submitted
> > to CVS?

Here it should be of general interest to the GRASS community,
non-distructive, and well tested + documented. It also has
to conform to the SUBMITTING rules.

Markus