[GRASS5] GRASS Add-ons

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Mar 13 15:21:08 EST 2006

Markus and Helena,

On 3/13/06 6:14 AM, "Markus Neteler" <neteler at itc.it> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 01:09:42PM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
>> Helena,
>>
>> IMHO, the best solution to this is Benjamin Ducke's new GRASS Extensions
>> Manager (GEM). This is nearing final release.
>
> Would it make sense to develop the GRASS Extensions Manager in
> GRASS CVS?

Yes. I believe that Benjamin is planning to suggest this go into the CVS
when it finishes the next round of testing. If this could be part of the
GRASS standard distribution, it would open up GRASS to a wide variety of
contributions that did not need to depend on the GRASS CVS.

>> On 3/11/06 10:49 PM, "Helena Mitasova" <hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a question about Add-ons - Do we have any restrictions /
>>> official rules for what can go into GRASS add ons?
>>>
>>> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/GrassAddOns
>
> I think that this is open to all GRASS contributors.
> The program/script should be non-distructive, well tested, documented
> and of some interest to the public.
>
>>> I noticed that quite a few useful modules are being developed (such
>>> as the below r.lake)
>>> and it would be great to have them submitted into add-ons so that
>>> people can see what
>>> is available, test it and if it is great and important it could be
>>> included into next release.
>>> Also - do we have any rules on when an add-on module can be submitted
>>> to CVS?
>
> Here it should be of general interest to the GRASS community,
> non-distructive, and well tested + documented. It also has
> to conform to the SUBMITTING rules.
>
> Markus

Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287