[GRASS5] GUI code cleanup patch

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Mar 13 15:25:58 EST 2006

Cedric,

I am so glad to hear that you are working on the GUI. I have some cosmetic
changes to gui.tcl that made modules a little more visually consistent with
the GIS Manager, but I'd been holding off until the new GIS Manager is
finished with testing. I'll send these to you, but what  you're doing is
much more sophisticated. Thanks very much.

Michael

On 3/13/06 2:38 AM, "Cedric Shock" <cedricgrass at shockfamily.net> wrote:

> Glynn,
>
> On Sunday 12 March 2006 22:18, Glynn Clements wrote:
>> That seems reasonable, except that I would suggest leaving the
>> label/desc entries untouched, and either moving the choice to the
>> point where the value is actually used, or creating a separate entry
>> in opts() and copying the label/desc entry to that instead.
>
> I agree completely. This patch accomplishes nothing, really, except to
> separate the changes needed to set up for having a better gui.tcl from the
> new one when it comes. As such I was trying to keep the list of changes to a
> minimum. The changes included here are just enough to clean up the calling
> convention and add the guisection attribute which my plans for gui.tcl hinge
> on. Anyway, I just copied the program logic straight across between languages
> to have a nice clear and understandable commit.
>
> I am working quite a bit on gui.tcl, which has a rather low cost of modifying.
> Right now I've got notification in the output screen with icons when the
> program starts and finishes running and display and update of the command to
> be run while the options are edited. I'm playing with balloon help, separate
> tabs for options and output, contemplating a help tab to go along with them,
> and am somewhere in the midst of writing my first experimental layout rule.
>
> --Cedric Shock

Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287

WWW - http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton