[GRASS5] rasters?

Andrea Antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 04:22:13 EST 2006

> The initial change was:
>
> 	revision 1.4
> 	date: 2004/08/12 13:53:51;  author: glynn;  state: Exp;  lines: +97 -77
> 	Raster I/O cleanup
> 	Use off_t instead of long, to allow for files >2Gb
>
> However, this version shrank the row pointers to 4 bytes if the file
> size was <4Gb (i.e. in most cases).
>
> This didn't work, as it would shrink the pointers when the file was
> empty, then enlarge them again if the file was >=4Gb when it was
> closed, overwriting the beginning of the data.
>
> That was changed in:
>
> 	revision 2.1
> 	date: 2005/08/23 21:23:08;  author: glynn;  state: Exp;  lines: +0 -3
> 	Fix bug where row pointers were enlarged to 8 bytes, overwriting the
> 	beginning of the data (discovered by Andrew Danner).
>
> Since then, the row pointers have always been sizeof(off_t). On x86,
> this will be either 4 or 8 bytes depending upon whether the
> --enable-largefile option was passed to the configure script.

Alright,
I'm not sure that that could be our problem but I will check. The chronology
of these events doesn't seem to be in sync with our, but you never know,
problems come to the surface whenever they want :)

Anyway thank you for the help,
Cheers,
Andrea

HydroloGIS - Environmental Safety Modelling
www.hydrologis.com

Andrea Antonello
Environmental Engineer
mobile:  +393288497722

"Let it be as much a great honour to take as to give learning,
if you want to be called wise."
Skuggsja' - The King's mirror - 1240 Reykjavik