[GRASS5] New GRASS addons CVS repository?

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Mon Mar 20 07:19:46 EST 2006

Hamish,

This is a concern I had as well for people like myself who are starting to
get their feet wet submitting new scripts to the add-ons section. The WIKI
method is easy to contribute now, but I had a hell of a time trying to get
cvs configured properly - and eventually gave up as it became an enormous
time vaccuum. Probably attributable to user error, but certainly not what I
would call 'easy'.

Would this new, proposed method of submitting code require the use of
CVS-compiled Grass in order to contribute? I hope not - I'm pretty loathe to
start mucking around with installation now that I've finally got everything
on Ubuntu running smoothly.

~ Eric.