[GRASS5] Trouble with r.watershed -m

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 27 11:03:32 EST 2006

have you tried r.terraflow to see whether it will do the job?
Currently the SFD is not working so the flowtracing is done using
multiple flow direction but you should still be able to get pretty good
stream network. I just ran it for entire Panama at 90m resolution
(something around 7000x3000 grid) in impressive 2 hours, see the related
links at
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/measwork/panama/panama.html
r.watershed can give more accurate results but as far as I remember the
segmented version never worked properly and I am not sure whether there
is an easy fix (as there are probably more problems than the temp file).
You can still get it done
with r.wtaershed if you split your DEM but it is a lot more work and time.

Helena