[GRASS5] Trouble with r.watershed -m

Ludwig M Brinckmann ludwigbrinckmann at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 27 10:47:15 EST 2006

I am trying to calculate rivers for a rather larger geographic area in SW
China, so my machine runs out of memory if I use the in-memory r.watershed.
However, r.watershed -m (using disk memory) fails with the following error
message:

WARNING: segment_pagein: No such file or directory
WARNING: cseg_put(): could not write segment file

Having a quick look through the (rather old -- nothing wrong with that) code
it looks like the temporary file used to store the data is lost somewhere.

This happens with both grass-61 lastest cvs released version on
windows/cygwin as well as with grass 6.1 on suse linux, but not with grass
6.01 on suse, so something has changed.

Any ideas?

Ludwig