[GRASS5] [bug #4214] (grass) r.info: new timestamp effort is ambiguous

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Mar 28 15:00:27 EST 2006

Hamish wrote:

> > If you want localisation, do it when you display the timestamp to the
> > user (i.e. in r.info).
>
> G__write_timestamp() would still use G_format_timestamp(); I was
> suggesting G_format_timestamp_l10n() to be used by modules like r.info.

Right. There are two options for that:

1. Use strftime's "%c" specifier:

       %c     The  preferred  date  and  time  representation  for the current
              locale.

2. Provide a user option (e.g. an environment variable) which
specifies an strftime() format string, falling back to #1 if the
variable (etc) is unset.