[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:496] Re: GRASS test suite

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at gmx.de
Fri Mar 31 03:54:20 EST 2006

Hi Radim,

On Friday 31 March 2006 10:31, Radim Blazek wrote:
> Good,
>
> could you please run it also on Windows version?
> http://mpa.itc.it/radim/wingrass/qgis-0.8.0-preview-win32-060329.zip
>
> The package includes MSYS and shell so it should be possible
> to run your test. You can either start it from script setting GISRC
> or you can start QGIS, open a mapset and then start GRASS shell
> from GRASS tools.
>
> Radim

I will try, but i think this wont work. I'm using some Unix tools like sed,  rm and stuff.
I will see if MSYS provides those tools, because i didnt find much information about this toolset
at http://www.mingw.org/msys.shtml ... . I think this is only a bash and tar????

I tried first to use only bash functionality, but this functionality is to limited
for the test suite. So i had to use Unix tools too.

Also md5sum must be installed in windows,
otherwise the md5 checksum tests are not available.

Is there no other bash-unix-tool environment for windows available?
I didnt found one.

And how about the existing shell scripts in grass,
do they work with MSYS and GRASS with windows?

I will try this out this evening.
Best regards
Soeren