[GRASS5] [bug #4356] (grass) d.m: d.rast.num fails when called from 'Add comand layer'

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 05:46:53 EDT 2006

> > Subject: Re: [GRASS5] [bug #4356] (grass) d.m: d.rast.num fails when
> > called from 'Add comand layer'
..
> >> Are you using d.m or gis.m?
> >
> > gis.m doesn't use X monitors - d.rast.num will not under gis.m at
> > all :).
>
> In fact, r.rast.num DOES work under gis.m Fortunately, it doesn't need
> an xmonitor. As far as I know it is working fine with error checking
> for raster resolution, etc. This is why I'm asking which GUI you are
> having trouble with. Since this has changed pretty rapidly, I  should
> also ask which build date are you working with.

If you haven't zoomed way in it used to tell you your numbers would be
tiny and did you want to continue? [y]. Then it would get stuck like
that in the output window.

d.rast.num just now updated in CVS not to use G_yes().
If things are very bad, it tells you the problem and G_fatal_error()s.
If things aren't so bad, it gives you a warning.
If things are fine, it doesn't bother you at all.

gis.m already had a test to only run if given < 10,000 cells.

I notice rendering is fairly quick off screen, quite slow on screen.
(e.g fliping to a different workspace speeds it up 100x)
For me calling from gis.m seems to be 100x slow...

AFAICT that's the last of the G_ask() and G_yes()s in the display
modules for things that don't require a full xterm.

Hamish