[GRASS5] NVIZ image dump broken?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed May 3 03:10:53 EDT 2006

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 06:34:53PM +1200, Hamish wrote:
> > the NVIZ image dump to TIFF no longer works for me.
> > The result image is replicated inside the output
> > file and basically useless.
>
> It works fine for me.
>

> I seem to remember this same problem was reported to the mailing list
> just a few days/week ago. You are using 64bit, correct? I've got a
> feeling that previous report was 64bit too.

Right. I am using 64bit.

> The htdig search engine is broken currently (even a search for "grass"
> gives 0 hits), and I can't connect to Gmane - so sorry no link.

No, it's Wednesday monring in Italy and the htdig job is running.
This takes a few hours on the old 500 MHz server... It will be
back in 2 hours from now, I guess. The new server should be way
faster and I can schedule it to mid Pacific Ocean daytime or so.

> Did it work with yesterday's CVS? (lib/ogsf/gs_bm.c change)

Yes, I did.

> > If I recall correctly, someone modified this recently
> > (Hamish?).
>
> Mine was just to change a G_fatal_error() to G_warning(), and to guard
> against unwanted ".tif.tif" output file extensions. Nothing to do with
> rendering (you'll have to ask Bob about that).
>
> http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/lib/ogsf/gsd_img_tif.c
> http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/lib/ogsf/?sortby=date#dirlist

OK, I will try harder. But if you manage to find the mails,
I would be grateful.

thanks

 Markus