[GRASS5] Proposal: RFC 1: Project Steering Committee Guidelines

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Wed May 3 07:49:49 EDT 2006

On 5/3/06, Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am more interested in finding an answer to the general voting rights
> question-
>
> Anyone who has committed something to CVS* in the last year can vote?
> * plus bug tracker, documentaion, translation maintainers too, somehow.
>   (who else do I forget? Packaging teams?)

'Something' is not enough IMO, it sould be 'significant' contribution.
We can try to define some limits (difficult) or new voters can be accepted
by current voters (better i think) -  initialy all contributors
with CVS write access would vote about candidates for voter.

I think that 'voter' should be for life. I dont think that it would be abused.
People who realy leave the project will not continue to vote most probably.
They should have a chance however to defend their previous work.

Radim