[GRASS5] gis.m limitation

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Wed May 3 15:19:35 EDT 2006

On Wed, 3 May 2006 11:46:25 -0700
Cedric Shock <cedricgrass at shockfamily.net> wrote:

> Trevor,
>
> It's fixed in CVS. There's no need for the zoom to current region button
> anymore; I removed it.

Cedric,

I'm not sure your fix is right.

Although it does allow for shell commands to affect views directly,
what it does unfortunately create is an odd situation where if you have
two windows open, looking at two different zooms, their independence is
lost. This is not good as one of the things that Michael spent time
working on was creating a situation where the could be independent.

I think a better solution would have been to have both buttons present
and possibly two more to zoom to a file.

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same
level of thinking we were at when we created them.
(Albert Einstein)