[GRASS-DEV] Re: [GRASS5] gis.m limitation

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 05:47:21 EDT 2006

> > A clear "monitor 1" title bar at the top of the command list in the
> > "GIS Manager" window would make it clear which window you are
> > currently working with. Actually this seems like a perfect place to
> > use tabs.
>
> This might be a help. But see the effects of the Cedric's new changes
> to the GIS Manager and see if this helps. The layer tree now changes
> depending on which display window your mouse is hovering over.

Maybe even more confusing, on X windows it is common for the window
under the mouse to have the focus automatically (no clicking).

I think the

-- Raster 1

-- Raster 2

tree definently needs to terminate itself in a "Display Monitor 1" bar.

> I tried tabs and 1) it is much more difficult than simply switching
> the layer tree like now;

Limitations? hah! you guys are too good.

> 2) the user would have to pick the right tab but the correct layer
> tree is automatically displayed currently.

when a display monitor grabs the focus that tab could be pushed to the
fore as well, and vise versa.

> [better wording of the opening GUI]

No suggestions yet, other than it should be exact in meaning and if not
a common word it should at least imply what it does.

Hamish