[GRASS-dev] import/export projection error

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon May 8 11:27:43 EDT 2006

well, as far as I understand AAIGrid now, it stores one value for raster file
resolution only. If the values (nsres/ewres) differs slightly the single
resolution value in the AAIGrid export file holds a wrong resolution for ns
or ew which is only visible if number of columns/rows is high (e.g. high
resolution imagery or continental scale raster file).
It can be solved by setting g.region to the same nsres/ewsres and resample the
respective raster files before exporting the raster.

If my error detection result is correct then I would suggest that r.out.gdal
prompts a warning for AAIgrid if g.region nsres/ewres resolution differs.

Martin

--
Martin Wegmann

DLR - German Aerospace Center
German Remote Sensing Data Center
@
Dept.of Geography
Remote Sensing and Biodiversity Unit
&&
Dept. of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology
University of Wuerzburg
Am Hubland
97074 Würzburg

phone: +49-(0)931 - 888 4797