[GRASS-dev] [bug #4447] (grass) Configure not finding external proj libraries

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed May 10 09:59:32 EDT 2006

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4447

Subject: Configure not finding external proj libraries

Platform: GNU/Linux/x86
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: 6.1 cvs snapshot 2006_5_10

Using my normal configuration settings for --with-proj I get the following while running the configure script:

checking for location of External PROJ.4 includes...
checking for proj_api.h... yes
checking External PROJ.4 version... 449
checking for location of External PROJ.4 library...
checking for pj_get_def in -lproj... yes
checking for location of External PROJ.4 data files...
configure: warning: *** External PROJ.4 directory not specified
checking for /epsg... no
configure: warning: *** Unable to locate PROJ data files.
checking for nad2bin... /usr/local/bin/nad2bin

Is the configuration script missing the epsg definitions?

Would this mean that Grass would not be able to use the epsg codes?

It seems as though it is finding proj.4 but not all of it.